PETER G. FACEY
Peter G. Facey is a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University and the Villanova University School of Law, where he was a member of the Villanova Law Review.
Peter is the chair of the Estate Administration and Estate Planning Practice Group.
Peter represents clients in matters involving complex commercial transactions, tax law, municipal finance, estate planning, estate administration, and real estate. His clients include for-profit and not-for-profit companies and organizations. Representative clients vary in size, from entrepreneurs to large-sized companies from a variety of industries, including automobile dealerships, hotels, grocery stores, cemeteries, vineyards, restaurants, manufacturing and professional services.
Peter has significant experience developing individual estate plans and lifetime gifting programs utilizing wills, lifetime and testamentary trusts, advanced medical directives and medical and general powers of attorney. He is also highly experienced administering complex estates and trusts and participates closely with our litigation group in the representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries.
Peter is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and in Connecticut and before the United States Supreme Court and the United States Tax Court. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Lycoming Law Association.
- Municipal Finance
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate
- Represents commercial clients in the purchase, sale, restructuring and refinancing of a variety of businesses and organizations.
- Advised various vineyards, taverns, and restaurants in Pennsylvania Liquor Control Boardmatters.
- Represents individuals and organizations before the Internal Revenue Service and the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue regarding a wide range of tax matters, including the preparation of Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax Returns, United States Estate Tax Returns, United States Gift Tax Returns and United States and Pennsylvania Income Tax Returns.
- Represented clients before the IRS regarding a Swiss bank account and IRS voluntary disclosure program.
- Advised various municipalities in obtaining public financing through organizations such as PennVest and USDA.
- Counsels business owners and their families in business succession planning, advising them on buy-sell agreements, family limited partnership, limited liability companies, recapitalizations and employee stock ownership plans.
- Counsels real estate investors in the acquisition, disposition, and tax deferred exchange of commercial and residential real estate.
- Structures charitable giving programs that serve his clients’ long-term tax and estate planning goals as well as important philanthropic objectives.
- Advises on the formation and administration of private foundations and other nonprofit entities regarding nonprofit corporation and tax laws.
- Pennsylvania, 1983
- Connecticut, 1983
- Certified Public Accountant, 1980 (inactive)
- Pennsylvania State University
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lycoming Law Association