RYAN M. TIRA
Ryan M. Tira is a graduate of Franklin & Marshal College and the James Beasley School of Law at Temple University.
Ryan maintains an active and diversified civil practice, both litigating and advising client on various civil law matters. He focuses primarily on municipal law, labor and employment and real estate matters. Ryan currently chairs the firm’s Public Sector and Labor and Employment Practice Groups and co-chairs the Real Estate Practice Group. His municipal law experience provides a nexus to both labor and employment and real estate matters as the most common municipal law issues deal with either employee matters or land development. Ryan currently serves as the Solicitor for Union County, Watsontown Borough, Northumberland Borough, Hughesville Borough, Mahoning Township, Mill Creek Township and assists with many other local municipal clients. He has also served as an independent hearing officer for conditional use hearings for oil and gas development. Ryan consistently handles matters before federal and state courts, administrative agencies and hearing officers.
Ryan is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Lycoming Law Association. Ryan currently serves on the Lycoming Law Association’s Executive Committee and holds the position of Treasurer. He is licensed to practice in all state courts in Pennsylvania and has been admitted to the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Ryan also enjoys being active in the community and has previously served as the coordinator of his church’s John Bower Basketball League teams, a Committee Member for Lycoming County Young Life, Executive Committee of Leadership Lycoming (2008-2014), and as the head coach for the South Williamsport 8th grade basketball team. He currently serves as Board member on the Williamsport/Lycoming Chamber of Commerce, Williamsport Regional Airport Authority, Chair of the Faith United Methodist Church Council, Board member on the K’s for Cancer Board of Directors, and as a Board member of the James V. Brown Development Advisory Committee. Ryan also helps coach his children’s sports team and is a Montoursville Kiwanis member.
- Labor and Employment
- Municipal Law
- Land Development
- Real Estate
- Civil Litigation
- Successfully represented employers in multiple union election cases.
- Represents multiple employers in labor negotiations as the lead negotiator.
- Successfully defended and resolved numerous discrimination claims before the Pennsylvania's Civil Rights Agency and The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Successfully defended employers against labor charges before the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board and the National Labor Relations Board.
- Serves as Solicitor for Union County.
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- Licensed Title Insurance Agent – Fidelity Title Insurance
- Obtained significant (some exceeding original demand amounts) settlement payments in complex business contract dispute mediations.
- Obtained injunction for employer to enjoin former employee’s violation of a non-compete agreement.
- Franklin & Marshall College
- The James Beasley School of Law at Temple University
- All Pennsylvania State Courts
- Middle District of Pennsylvania