ROBIN A. READ
Robin A. Read is both the Chair of the Litigation Practice Group and the Business Law Practice Group.
Robin is a graduate of Lycoming College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in both political science and philosophy. She received her Juris Doctor law degree from the University of Dayton School of Law. After law school, Robin served as a law clerk to the Honorable George Heffner, President Judge and the Honorable William Baldwin of the Schuylkill County Court of Common Pleas.
Robin’s practice is primarily comprised of civil and commercial litigation; corporate, personnel and collection matters; and bankruptcy for creditors. She is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Lycoming Law Association, the Federal Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Middle District Bankruptcy Association. Robin is licensed to practice in all courts of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and in the United States Supreme Court.
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Transactions
- Creditor Bankruptcy
- Mortgage Foreclosures
- Civil Rights Defense Litigation
- Serves as counsel to multi-industry employers in corporate, labor and employment matters.
- Provides counsel to creditors in complex bankruptcy proceedings.
- Serves as counsel to several financial institutions.
- Advises commercial real estate owners and investors in the acquisition and disposition of real estate including hotels, multi-family properties and mixed-used properties.
- Counsels businesses in various industries in complex commercial litigation such as contract disputes and debt collection.
- Advises companies in fundamental transactions including asset purchase and sales, stock purchases and sales and corporate restructuring events.
- Successfully defended over one hundred civil rights claims.
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1991
- United States Supreme Court, 1995
- Lycoming College
- University of Dayton School of Law
- All Pennsylvania State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Middle District Bankruptcy Association
- Federal Bar Association